The Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering started from the inception of the college i.e., from 2003 with an approved intake of 60 which was increased to 120 in 2006. The Department has also started M.TECH programme in EMBEDDED SYSTEM & VLSI DESIGN in 2009.
I. The graduates will have strong fundamentals in mathematics, science and engineering so that they can meet industrial and global challenges and excel in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering and also will be motivated to excel in professional career and higher education.
II. The graduates will have good scientific and engineering breadth to analyze, design and develop systems/ components, problem-solving skills and aptitude for innovation.
III. The graduates will exhibits leadership qualities with strong communication skills, competence to function effectively in multi disciplinary orientation teams, capability to assess and relate engineering issues to ethical, environmental and broader societal context
1. An ability to demonstrate knowledge of mathematics, science and Engineering(GA1)
2. An ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve complex engineering problems using engineering sciences and research based knowledge. (GA2,4)
3. An ability to design a system component or process to meet desired needs within realistic constrains such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability. (GA3,6,7)
4. An ability to use the technique, resources, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.(GA5)
5. An ability to function affectively as an individual and as a member or leader in culturally diverse teams and in multi disciplinary settings. (GA9)
6. An ability to apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities. (GA8)
7. An ability to effectively communicate technical information in speech, presentation, and in writing. (GA10)
8. A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning. (GA11)
9. An ability to apply engineering and management principles to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage projects.(GA9,12)