Introduction of Department-
The Mechanical Engineering Department of Gyan Ganga Institute of Technology & Sciences, Jabalpur, came into existence in 2003 with in take of 60 students.
Vision of The Department:“To be a Center of Excellence in Mechanical Engineering Education”.
Mission : The mission of the Mechanical Engineering Department is to produce and develop Mechanical Engineering professionals with an aptitude of technological Innovation And Excellence in their field of interest.
Objectives of the Department: “The objective of the department is to produce and develop Mechanical Engineering professionals of high quality”.
Department’s Salient Feature:
- Highly Experienced Staff.
- Well Equipped 14 Laboratories.
- Latest software in the design and manufacturing technology
- Presently local industries are availing the Consultancy services in the areas of heat and mass transfer, specifically the design of oven and hot dip galvanizing plant and the application of Quality Control techniques in processing of the defense products.
- The department strength lies in its team of experienced and learned faculties as well as in the infrastructure of various labs, equipped with latest experimental set- ups and machineries. The CAD/CAM lab in addition to the available software “Think-3” has also been introduced providing the facilities of advanced surface modeling and intelligent curves including styling. In addition to the conventional production machines the CNC machines are also being procured, so as to have a through exposure to the students about the automation. Recently CNC Milling has been installed for the compliance of course on CNC machines and computer integrated manufactures. CAD, CAM practicals are conducted in Central computer lab of CSE Department.
- The Refrigeration and Cooling lab is having Test Rigs for Domestic Refrigerator, Ice Plant etc. and some other machines also. The Heat & Mass Transfer lab has we heat exchanger set-ups along with other equipments. The Turbo machinery Lab has got Francis Turbine, Pelton Wheel, and Centrifugal Pump Test Rigs. The Fluid Mechanics lab has flow & Force measurement equipments. The Thermal Eng. Lab has Petrol and Diesel engines and Test Rigs for determining the performances. The Mechanics of Materials Lab has Universal Testing Machines, Brinnel Hardness Testing m/c, Impact & Torsion testing machines. The department is planning to provide testing facilities, with certification to outsider also.
- The department is having central work-shop with all types of machines and tools. The faculties are also undertaking the repairing and the maintenance of the departmental equipments.
1. Basic Mechanical Engg Lab.
2. Engineering Mechanics Lab.
3. Workshop Practice Lab.
4. Thermal Engineering Lab.
5. Machine Design & C.A.D/ C.A.M Lab.
6. Dynamics of Machine Lab & Kinematics of Machine Lab & I.C. Engines & Automobile Lab.
7. Simulation And Modeling Lab & Computer Integrate Manufacturing lab
8. Fluid Mechanics
9. Production Process & CNC Ma¬chines.
10. Turbo Machinery.
11. Refrigeration And Air-conditioning lab & H.M.T. Lab
The department supports students not only in academic activities but also in curricular and extracurricular activities. Many students performed in the competitions held at various engineering college in MP and in other states.
Student Achievements in Academics
- Abhinav Neb, Batch-2004-08 is Selected by Govt. of France For The Scholarship To Pursue Higher Studies in France.
- Five students of batch-2003-07 Are G.R.E. Score Card Holder.
- Mr. Sugam Sachdeva & Kushal Jain Secured 1st And 2nd Positions Respectively For 2007-08 Academic Year in M.P.
- Mr. Sumit Tiwari Got First Prize in Robo War & Robo Arena of AUROLE-08 in J.E.C.