Department of Computer Science & Engineering
Since its inception in 2003(AICTE Approval Date:12/05/2003, Ref. No.: 06/01/MP/DEG/2003/006), the Department of Computer Science and Engineering has been continuously making progress in teaching and R&D activities. Started with an intake of 60 students, the sanctioned intake was increased to 120 seats in 2006(AICTE Ref. No.: 06/01/MP/ENGG/2003/006).The Department has sent application for M.E.(CSE) approval.
Over the period, student with good MPPET (Madhya Pradesh Pre – Engineering Test) score have got admission in the department. A Large number of companies visit us for recruitment/ training. The Department has entered into an MoU with HCL,IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Zensar Technologies, Hexaware Centre Of Excellence & GTT for software training and Faculty Development Programmes.
Vision of The Department-
• To be a leading centre of technical education in computer science in India.
• To produce future citizens of the country to meet the upcoming global challenges.
Mission of The Department-
• Empowering students with the state of art facilities and knowledge for the welfare of the society
and the nation.
• Prepare students as per the ever changing need of the industry.
• To inculcate ethical values in the minds of emerging engineers.
Department's Salient Features-
• Very good industrial tie-ups
• The department has Produced University 2nd Rank – Silver Medal in 2007 (First batch)
• The department has Produced University 1st Rank – Gold Medal in 2008 (Second batch)
• The department has been recognized in 2008 on an All India basis by M/s Microsoft India for its very active participation in its Virtual Tech Day celebration.
- Lecture Halls with 5 Class Rooms ( 95 sq. mt. each),Seminar Hall with Departmental Library (40 sq mt. )
- 11 LABS on different subjects like CP, Software Engg., DBMS, OOPS, Graphics & Multimedia and Major Project lab.Total No. of Computer Systems in the dept. are 300 approx. All laboratories are equipped with latest CORE 2 DUO Computers, scanners, printers.
- Internet Facility- Internet Access is made available in all machines in Project Lab and is well secured behind Firewall .The entire College campus is WiFi enabled. Online study materials are available on an e-learning server Course materials available under NPTEL (National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning) by 7 IIT’s & IISc.
- Department Library
The library has many journals and books available in the department. Allthe major software packages are available for study.
- Faculty & Supporting Staff Details- Faculty Student Ratio is 1: 11.5. Avg. Academic Experience of faculty is 4 Years. Faculty participates in various activities like Departmental Library, Time Table Scheduling, Project work, Planning & Development – Amenities.
- Teaching – Learning methodology -Faculty members prepare LESSON PLAN and maintain COURSE FILE for the subjects handled. LCD projectors are actively used both in the classroom and in Laboratory. Feedback from the students is obtained in very semester to make the teaching-learning process effective. Guest lectures are organized for the students by Industry Representatives, Research Scholars and Academicians on topics of current interest .
- Value Added Training
Various value added training programs are organized by Oracle India, Zensar Technologies , Hexaware and HCL Infosystems Pvt.Ltd. to update students of the latest trends in the field of Computer Science.
- Co-Curricular Activities & Extra-curricular Activities-The students have participated in Inter College Competitions held at state level and National Level and brought laurels for the college.